Trust the eduroam certificate the first time you connect using an iOS device.
This article applies to: Wi-Fi
iPhones, iPads, and iTouch devices have a built-in process to make sure you only connect to trusted networks.
- our Wi-Fi team changes the cert key or
- you intentionally click Forget the Network in your Wi-Fi setup.
- When your device asks if you trust the network, make sure you're signing onto: network-access. (The "issued by" statement may show a different source. That's okay.)
- Click Trust. Your device will remember this certificate, username, and password as part of the eduroam network. You will automatically connect on campus, as well as at other eduroam institutions.
Stop the device from automatically logging you into the eduroam network.
- Select eduroam on your iOS device.
- Click Forget This Network. When you do this, both the login information and certificate are purged from your device. You will have to Trust the certificate again, if you ever want to log back in.