Faculty and staff can use Video on Demand (VOD) to upload and publish a wide variety of digital video, audio, and image files that pertain to or support the mission of Cornell University, including content supporting the Cornell academic, research, and outreach missions or other official Cornell use or business. Please note:
Content related to an official Cornell course or classes is not permitted. Faculty should use:
- Canvas to host course videos and instructional media.
- Academic Technologies Instructional Video services for help recording high quality course videos.
- One of the Lecture Capture tools to record a lecture.
- Departments with collections requiring customization or integration into business processes should contact the CIT A/V team to inquire about creating a dedicated instance in the Video Platform Service.
- Use is restricted to staff and faculty for official university business, or in support of the university mission. The service is not for personal use.
- Limits are not currently enforced on uploaded content. Users with extensive collections, such as several hundred videos or more, should consider the Video Platform Service.
- Students acting in an employee or teaching capacity may be granted access to the service with the sponsorship of a full-time staff or faculty member. Contact the IT Service Desk if you think this applies to you.
Video on Demand
See the Regulated Data Chart for Cornell policy considerations for this service.
Form to Get Help (if you have a NetID)
Form to Get Help (if you don't have a NetID)
Support Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm (Eastern Time)
Emergency Service Disruptions: After Hours Support