The Cornell University Blog Service provides an online publishing platform: CampusPress.
CampusPress has WordPress's ease of use and most popular features, while keeping the service economical by focusing on providing only those features of greatest use to its entire community. Security and maintenance updates are managed by the vendor, making the CU Blog service an ideal option for Cornell faculty and staff looking for a fast, easy way to publish content and manage comments from across the web, using a standard set of features.
- Choose themes, add plug-ins and widgets from a standard collection.
- Explore a degree of adjustment for look, feel, and features on a site.
- Custom Web Development can be hired to create custom themes that meet Cornell standards, including web accessibility, and take advantage of the benefits of CampusPress.
For a list of plugins that are available for use, see Default User Plugins. Periodically the vendor makes changes to the environment and is not always able to provide advanced notice and communications. At times the vendor may also need to remove a plugin from the service which could impact your sites. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Quick to create and launch a simple website
- No design or development skills required
- Allows domain mapping (yoursite.cornell.edu) for public sites
- CampusPress updates and patches WordPress and plug-ins
For Fee: See details about fees
See the Regulated Data Chart for Cornell policy considerations for this service.