Import or Export a Blog
Import WordPress or Blogger blogs. Export your blog to make a backup or to move it to another site.
This article applies to: Blogs
- Import: You can import WordPress or Blogger blogs. See the import documentation on the Edublogs site.
- Export: You can export your blog if you want to make a backup copy or move your content to another site.
Export a Blog's Content
- Click , and then click .
- Choose the options you want to download, All Content or just particular items.
- Click . You will be prompted to save a file (usually called wordpress.DATE.xml). Save this file to your computer and remember the location of the file.
- If you need to download images, PDFs, or other attached files, you'll have to download or save each individually. You can't export media files from your blog. Tip: You may find that you have the originals for these files already saved on your computer and then you won't need to export them.