Providing Desktop Support for users and devices across over 50 campus units.
Use our online forms below to get exactly the help you need as quickly as possible.
Have a technology issue?
More CITSG Support
- Get Started Computing with CITSG
- Working with CITSG
- Managed software tools
- Software update process
- Install a Printer with PrinterLogic
Under normal conditions, CIT’s target response (a response is when a request has been acknowledged and assigned) for typical support requests is one business day. Management staff monitor requests remaining in the queue and assign priority based on the following criteria:
Any unscheduled outage with wide-ranging business impact requiring immediate resolution, or problems that would affect the productivity of multiple people. For example, services are unavailable due to the server being down. For Urgent requests, call 607-255-5500 and state the issue as “Urgent.” Response time: within one business hour.
Issue affecting a single customer who cannot perform their job. For example, a computer will not power up, a customer is unable to log onto a computer, or a hard drive has failed. Response time: within four business hours.
Issue affecting a single customer, limiting their ability to perform their job. For example, a customer is unable to print to a particular printer but can print elsewhere. Response time: within one business day.
When reporting an issue, please provide this information if possible to expedite our ability to respond:
- The problem you are experiencing
- The equipment you are using, including the operating system, if applicable
- What triggers the problem, if it can be identified
- Any error messages you have received, with screenshots, if possible
- How often the problem occurs
- What steps you have taken to try to fix it, if any
- The best way and time to contact you
Always identify yourself as a member of the CITSG Service Group to help the IT Service Desk efficiently manage your problem or request.
CIT Desktop Support
Business hours: 8:00am-4:30pm