Get Started with Two-Step Login
How to set up Two-Step Login for the first time
This article applies to: Two-Step Login
First Time Setup for Two-Step Login
- If you need information about the many types of devices you can use with Two-Step Login, you can explore device options, then return here to enroll your chosen device(s).
- If you have already selected your authentication device(s), continue with these instructions.
- Create your account by signing in at Manage Your Two-Step Login.
Log in with your NetID and Password.
Select Start Enrolling Devices Now.
To enroll your first device, select Start setup.
NOTE: If you have already enrolled a device you will need to select Manage Devices and will be prompted for Two-Step Login.
Start with the device you plan to use most often with Two-Step Login.
The device can be a smartphone, cell phone, tablet, U2F Security key, or landline phone (office, home, etc.).
You will be asked to enter what type of device you are enrolling and, when applicable, the associated phone number.
If you are enrolling a smartphone or tablet, you will be prompted to install and activate the Duo Mobile app.
- For a U2F security key, insert your key in a USB port on your computer. When prompted, touch the flashing key icon on the UF2 security key.
- For Touch ID, use a fingerprint reader with MacOS and Chrome. Learn more about Using Apple Touch ID with Duo.
Select Add another device to enroll at least one more device.
Continue Using Two-Step Login
- Learn how to Log In using the device you chose
- Enroll additional devices as a backup for your main device
- To better protect your NetID and password, expand your use of Two-Step Login beyond where it is required.
- Reduce how often you need to authenticate by selecting Remember me for 24 hours when you log in.