Add a New Device to Two-Step Login
How to add a new device (smartphone, tablet, landline, cell phone, hardware token, or U2F token) to authenticate with Two-Step Login
This article applies to: Two-Step Login
How to Add a New Authentication Device
- Go to Manage Your Two-Step Login.
- You may be prompted to re-authenticate through CUWebLogin. Enter your NetID and password, then select Login
- Select Manage Devices (below the list of your currently enrolled devices).
- Two-Step Login will prompt you to confirm using a push, phone call, or passcode.
- After you have logged in, the My Settings & Devices window will appear.
- Select Screenshots of each step are available from Duo Security and in the Two-Step Login Setup Guide. and follow the prompts to add the device.
- Choose your device type. For more information, see Choose Your Authentication Device.
- Enter the device's phone number (where applicable).
- For a smartphone or tablet, download, install, and activate the Duo Mobile app.
- For a hardware token, enter the serial number on the back of the device.
- For a USB security key, insert your device in a USB port on your computer. When prompted, touch the flashing key icon on the U2F security key.
- For Mac Touch ID, place your finger on the Touch ID sensor when prompted.
For detailed instructions about adding a device, see the Duo Guide to Two-Factor Authentication.