Add a New Device to Two-Step Login
How to add a new device (smartphone, tablet, landline, cell phone, hardware token, or U2F token) to use when authenticating with Two-Step Login
This article applies to: Two-Step Login
Go to the Device Management Portal
Go to the Device Management portal using one of the following methods.
- From the Cornell Manage Your Two-Step Login webpage, click the Manage Devices button, OR
- Go to https://cornell.login.duosecurity.com/devices, OR
- During a Duo authentication request, click Other Options in the prompt, then click Manage Devices at the bottom of the list of currently enrolled devices.
After you authenticate with Two-Step Login, you will be taken to the portal.
Add a Device at the Device Management Portal
To add a new device:
At the Device Management portal, click the Add a Device panel.
On the Select an Option screen, click one of the available methods.
For more information about devices you can use, visit Choose Your Authentication Device.
The process for adding a hardware token is different -- for information visit Hardware Tokens for Two-Step Login.
During the process of adding a device, you may be asked:
- To enter the device's phone number (where applicable).
- For a smartphone or tablet, to download, install, and activate the Duo Mobile app.
- For a USB security key, to insert your device in a USB port on your computer. When prompted, touch the flashing key icon on the U2F security key.
- For Mac Touch ID, to place your finger on the Touch ID sensor when prompted.
Screenshots of each step are available from Duo Security and in the IT@Cornell page Two-Step Login Setup Guide.