Manage Two-Step Login Devices
How to configure your Two-Step Login devices and add new ones
This article applies to: Two-Step Login
There are two ways to manage your Two-Step Login devices.
From the Manage Your Two-Step Login page
- Go to Manage Your Two-Step Login. Log in with your Cornell NetID and password, then click Login.
- Click Manage Devices (below the list of your currently enrolled devices).
- You will be prompted to authenticate with Duo.
After you have authenticated, the My Settings and Devices webpage will appear.
To update settings for a device, click the blue Device Options button to the right of its name. This opens the available options for managing that device.
- For a device with the Duo Mobile app installed, click Reactivate Duo Mobile to start the process of verifying the device.
- To update the name of the device in Two-Step Login, click Change Device Name.
- To remove a device from Two-Step Login, click the red Trash icon.
To change your default device and authentication method:
- Choose a device from the Default Device dropdown. (Only devices you have set up already are available here. If you would like to add a device, visit Add a New Device to Two-Step Login.)
- Choose a method from the When I log in dropdown. (Only methods that can be used with your default device will appear here.)
From the Two-Step Login authentication prompt
- From the Two-Step Login authentication prompt, click Other options.
- Then from the bottom of the list, select Manage devices. You will need to authenticate to proceed.
Login using Two-Step Login. After you have authenticated, at the Manage devices screen, either:
- In the panel for a device you have already added, click Edit to change settings.
- In the panel for an existing phone device, if you have gotten a new phone and need to update Duo's settings to reflect that, click I have a new phone. For details, see Replace Your Smartphone Listed in Two-Step Login.
Click Add a device to set up another device for use with Duo. For details, see Add a New Device to Two-Step Login.
Hardware tokens are treated differently from other devices. After you have enrolled a token, the only change you can make is to delete the token. You cannot change its name or make it your default device.