The Managed Servers service provides fully managed virtual and physical machines in a high-availability, state-of-the-art data center. Servers are managed and backed up, and have full emergency power. CIT's Systems Administration team manages server farms in two raised-floor machine rooms in two buildings on campus.
Administration services are offered for campus customers and for internal CIT customers, and cover the cycle of server planning and administration:
- installing servers in the Server Farm
- installing operating systems
- maintaining the servers and the base operating systems
- configuring networking
- configuring backups
- configuring storage
- userid creation
- equipment removal
Departments and application owners have full control over and responsibility for the applications that run on top of the operating system. Support for issues with applications is the responsibility of the application owner. Systems Administration will help application owners with integration, performance, tuning, and capacity planning.
Servers that you don't want to manage yourself and do want to maintain on campus.
Also used for:
- Disaster recovery
- Virtual or physical servers
For Fee: See details about fees
- University (mission data) that needs to be stored in a secure, central location.
- Files you want to share within your department or with other departments at the University.
Share your files with free cloud storage, thanks to a campus-wide license.
- Storing and sharing large numbers of documents.
- provides tools to easily edit common files in Office on the desktop or in Office Online.
- Can share files with anyone with an email address / collaborate with other institutions.
- Excellent security for your data with encryption of your data both in transmission and while stored in the cloud, detailed auditing of who has acted on and viewed your files, watermarking of files, and view-only files that you can prevent others from downloading.