Check the Status of Your Two-Step Login Account
Confirm that your Two-Step Login account is ready to use.
This article applies to: Two-Step Login
Go to Manage Your Two-Step Login and sign in with your NetID and password.
If you see a list of devices:
- Make sure that at least one enrolled device is current and available for use with Two-Step Login.
Remove any old or unrecognized devices.
If you see a Welcome screen, select Start Enrolling Devices Now.
- If you see an Enroll Devices screen with a Start Setup button, you are ready to start enrolling your devices. Enroll a device now, or as soon as possible, to protect your account from hackers.
If you see an error message stating "Your two factor account is disabled. Contact an administrator for assistance," it means that access to your account has been blocked as a security measure. You need to:
Contact the IT Service Desk and ask to have your account released. You will not be able to log in using Two-Step Login until you do this.
To verify your identity to the IT Service Desk, make sure you have one of the following:
- Your ID and can visit the Service Desk in person
- Access to a computer that can support a Zoom session
Access to the phone you have listed in the Cornell Directory
Immediately enroll a device in Two-Step Login.
Once your account has been released, you must enroll a device in Two-Step Login as soon as possible to protect your account.
- Contact the IT Service Desk and ask to have your account released. You will not be able to log in using Two-Step Login until you do this.