E-list Ownership and Administration (Lyris)
This article applies to: E-lists (Lyris)
First, a couple of technical terms, as used by CIT and Lyris.
A List Owner is the person ultimately responsible for all aspects of the operation of the e-list, and is the liaison between the e-list and CIT. A list’s owner is also a list administrator, and may delegate some of the administrative activities to other people.
A List Administrator is a person who has been granted administrative access to the list by the list owner to assist in the operation of the list.
Responsible operation of a list includes these tasks, performed by owners and/or administrators:
- Monitoring and resolving errors generated by the list (see Maintain Your E-list).
- Providing all technical assistance to the list's subscribers.
- Working with subscribers to resolve all non-technical issues, including the contents of the list, and who should and should not be permitted to subscribe.
- Responding in a timely manner to communications from the CIT e-list administrative team (email@example.com).
In addition, the List Owner is solely responsible for these additional duties:
- Attending to ownership changes.
- Responding to the annual list renewal process each spring.
- Upon retiring from ownership, explicitly passing ownership to someone else or shutting down the list.