Transfer Ownership of an E-list (Lyris)
This article applies to: E-lists (Lyris)
Please note that the new list owner:
- Must be a current Cornell faculty or staff member, a current Cornell student, or a Cornell alumnus, and
- Must have an legitimate Cornell NetID.
If these criteria cannot be met, the e-list cannot be hosted at CIT.
Only the primary list owner can make such a request. To change list ownership, the current list owner must send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This message should be sent from the address you use as list owner. In the message, include the following:
- The address of the e-list,
- The current list owner's name and NetID, and
- The new list owner's name, NetID, and preferred email address.
If the current primary list owner is permanently unavailable (left the university),
- If the list is for a student group and the owner was a student, the advisor to the group (named when the list was created) can request the owner transfer.
- In all other cases, someone in a management position above the current (unavailable) owner can request the transfer.
CIT's E-list Administration Team will contact you.