Cornell G Suite for Students
Cornell G Suite for Students (Google's G Suite for Education) is Cornell's email, calendar, and collaboration service for students and alumni. It was previously known as Cmail (only the name has changed). Alumni who graduated in 2009 or later received G Suite accounts that remain valid. Alumni from earlier years can request a G Suite account by sending an email to the IT Service Desk at email@example.com.
See Google's G Suite Learning Center for a quick overview of features. The Seven Easy Steps and Learn by Product links near the top of the page are particularly useful.
G Suite's features include:
- Gmail - unlimited storage, built-in instant messaging including voice and video chat, mobile access, spam and virus protection
- Google Calendar - multiple calendars and room/resource scheduling NOT integrated with Cornell rooms and resources
- Google Docs - word processing, spreadsheets, forms, and presentations, with unlimited storage
- Google Drive - file storage and sharing, with unlimited storage
- Google Sites - website creation with videos, images, gadgets, and documents integration
G Suite accounts are provided automatically to all students (including undergraduates, graduate students, and professional students). To use your G Suite account, you simply need to activate your Cornell NetID.
After you activate your NetID, you will be able to use your NetID and password to sign in to your G Suite account.
Your email address is your NetID@cornell.edu address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).