Cornell Google Workspace for Education is Cornell's email, calendar, and collaboration service for students and alumni.
See the Google Workspace Learning Center for a quick overview of features.
Google Workspace's features include:
- Gmail - email, built-in instant messaging including voice and video chat, mobile access, spam and virus protection
- Google Calendar - multiple calendars and room/resource scheduling NOT integrated with Cornell rooms and resources
- Google Docs - word processing, spreadsheets, forms, and presentations
- Google Drive - file storage and sharing
- Google Sites - website creation with videos, images, gadgets, and documents integration
Google Workspace accounts are provided automatically to all students (including undergraduates, graduate students, and professional students). To use your Google Workspace account, you simply need to activate your Cornell NetID.
After you activate your NetID, you will be able to use your NetID and password to sign in to your Google Workspace account.
Your email address is your firstname.lastname@example.org address (for example, email@example.com).
Because you are not using a Google password, if you need to change your password, you must follow the procedure in our Change Your NetID Password article.
Graduating or otherwise leaving Cornell? Find out what changes to expect for your Cornell email account.
The IT Service Desk provides full support for Google Workspace's email service (Gmail) and calendar service. For all other G Suite services, support is best effort.
Cornell IT Service Desk
Normal Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm (Eastern Time)
Emergency Service Disruptions: After Hours Support