Cornell G Suite for Students
Cornell G Suite for Students (Google's G Suite for Education) is Cornell's email, calendar, and collaboration service for students and alumni. It was previously known as Cmail (only the name has changed).
See Google's G Suite Learning Center for a quick overview of features. The Seven Easy Steps and Learn by Product links near the top of the page are particularly useful.
G Suite's features include:
- Gmail - unlimited storage, built-in instant messaging including voice and video chat, mobile access, spam and virus protection
- Google Calendar - multiple calendars and room/resource scheduling NOT integrated with Cornell rooms and resources
- Google Docs - word processing, spreadsheets, forms, and presentations, with unlimited storage
- Google Drive - file storage and sharing, with unlimited storage
- Google Sites - website creation with videos, images, gadgets, and documents integration
G Suite accounts are provided automatically to all students (including undergraduates, graduate students, and professional students). To use your G Suite account, you simply need to activate your Cornell NetID.
After you activate your NetID, you will be able to use your NetID and password to sign in to your G Suite account.
Your email address is your NetID@cornell.edu address (for example, email@example.com).
The IT Service Desk provides full support for G Suite's email service (Gmail) and calendar service. For all other G Suite services, support is best effort.