Access Compliance Reports (Endpoint Management Tools - Windows)
This article applies to: Endpoint Management Tools
This page is intended for IT support professionals. End users should contact local IT support.
There are several reports included in the CM2012 Console that focus on evaluating patch compliance. Three of the most helpful are
- Overall compliance (report name: Compliance 1 - Overall Compliance)
- Compliance related to a specific update (report name: Compliance 2 - Specific software update)
- Compliance related to a specific computer (report name: Compliance 5 - Specific computer)
The procedure below describes the steps for running the overall compliance report. Running the other two reports is very similar.
Reporting is accessed via the CM2012 Console.
(See our Access the CM2012 Console article.)
- In the navigation pane on the left, click .
- Expand , then expand .
- Click .
- In the main section of the window, double-click . A dialog box for the report will open.
- Next to the Update Group field, click . A dialog box displaying the full list of Update Groups will open.
- Select the Update Group on which you want the report to run, then click . Update Groups have descriptive names indicating the scope of the updates they include.
- Next to the Collection field, click .
Select the Collection representing the computers whose status you want checked, then click
To select all computers in your area, use the collection whose name includes your unit abbreviation followed by "MasterWorkingCollection." For example, FH-MasterWorkingCollection.
. The results will appear in the lower portion of the dialog box. The toolbar just the results includes options for printing and exporting the results.
To drill down into the report, click any of the states (for example,
After drilling down, use the link above the results to return to a higher-level view of the report.
) to see a list of the computers in that state. You can then click on a device name to see details about that computer's patch status.