Install CU VPN for Windows
Install the Cisco AnyConnect software to connect to Cornell's VPN service. You must have administrative privileges to install the software.
This article applies to: CU VPN
Enter the following:
- Connect to https://cuvpn.cuvpn.cornell.edu. The SSL VPN Service Login dialog box will open.
- Enter the following:
- In the Group box, select Two-Step_Login. This is required for all VPNs as of July 15, 2021.
- In the User Name box, enter your Cornell NetID or GuestID.
Note: If you are connecting to a departmental VPN, enter your NetID and the name of the departmental group, for example, pqs665@departmental_group_name.
- In the Password box, enter your NetID password.
- In the DUO Passcode (push/SMS/phone) box, type one of the following options to complete Two-Step Login:
- Click Login. A Downloads page will appear after a successful login. It may take a few seconds to a few minutes to collect information about your system.
- If you see two tabs labeled Download and Automatic Provisioning, select . (It's okay if you don't see these tabs.)
- Click .
- The file should be saved in the default download folder. Locate the file named anyconnect-win-[version number]-core-vpn-webdeploy-k9.msi then double-click to open it.
- Click Run. You may be asked to enter an administrative password for your computer.
- Follow the instructions on screen.