Cloudification is the conversion of applications, data storage, and compute cycles to take advantage of cloud computing. CIT offers a Cloudification service to help the Cornell community move to powerful, low-cost cloud infrastructure services. Cornell has enterprise agreements with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
Common benefits of moving to cloud infrastructure include:
- More control (increase or decrease resources as needed)
- Reduction in resource hours spent on database and OS maintenance because of automated services
- Improved time to delivery with on-demand server creation and retirement
- Elastic capacity – no guesswork in resource utilization
- Improved disaster recovery and failover options
- Robust security
The Cloudification team can work with you to create an automated, repeatable, and reliable model for deploying your IT applications to the cloud. As part of this effort, you'll be encouraged to review and most likely change your existing operations practices. Investing in this one-time reconfiguration of applications and operations platforms will help you gain significant efficiency. Using automation, containerization, and innovation can result in significant cost reduction as well as reduced resource needs for utility and maintenance tasks.
Contact the Cloudification team for:
Public Cloud offerings
See the Regulated Data Chart for Cornell policy considerations for this service.
Form to Get Help (if you have a NetID)
Form to Get Help (if you don't have a NetID)
Support Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm (Eastern Time)
Emergency Service Disruptions: After Hours Support