This article applies to: Strategic Storage Initiative
In addition to Google Workspace, similar storage is available to faculty, students, and staff in:
- Microsoft OneDrive personal storage.
- Microsoft Teams collaboration tool storage. Faculty and staff can create Teams. Students can use them once created, but need to ask faculty or staff to make them.
- SharePoint document libraries. A SharePoint site is created automatically when a Microsoft Team is created. It can be accessed from Teams while in a channel by clicking ... (More options) from the channel's top menu and selecting Open in SharePoint.
Because it’s unclear whether Cornell’s contract with Box will include unlimited storage after 2025, Box is best used for small- to moderate-sized storage. If you will require very large amounts of storage, please submit a support request to CIT Collaboration and Utility Services.
For large-scale data storage, Cornell options include:
- Amazon Web Services S3 (Faculty and staff public cloud services contracted-for service that individual Cornell units can purchase and use.)
- Azure Blob Storage (Faculty, staff, and student cloud-based contracted-for IT infrastructure services that individual Cornell units can purchase and use.)
- Shared File Services (Storage that enables sharing of files between groups of users and computers.)
Specialized backup services are also available. For more information, see EZ-Backup.
See also Cornell's Data Storage Finder.