Request and Use a Personal Identification Number (PIN)
Get a PIN to use Student Voice Service from any campus phone, including restricted phones
This article applies to: Student Voice Service
Request and Use a PIN
All students using Cornell provided voice services need a PIN to make billable phone calls from anywhere on campus. This seven-digit number identifies you, and ensures that only the international long distance calls you place are billed to your bursar account. PINs can be used on any campus phone, including restricted phones.
- To request a PIN, fill out the Student Request for Service Form.
- To make a call using your PIN, dial the number for a domestic or international long distance call. You will hear three beeps and a dial tone. Enter your seven-digit PIN, and the call will be connected.
Important Security Information for PINS
Here are the important points to remember:
- Keep your PIN a secret!
- You will need to use your PIN for domestic and international long distance calls.
- After dialing the number for a billable call, you will hear three beeps and a dial tone. This is the signal for you to enter your PIN.
You will not need to use your PIN for:
- campus calls
- local calls
- toll-free (800, 855, 866, 877, and 888) calls
- calls you make using a calling card
- collect calls
- You can use your PIN from any phone, not just the one in your room.