Dial a Call
How to place a call on your campus phone
- To call a campus phone from another campus phone, dial the last five digits of the number.
- To call a campus phone from any other phone, dial the full seven digits.
- When making calls to an off-campus number, your call may be rejected if the number you are calling is blocking anonymous calls. To turn on your outgoing Caller ID for a single call, dial 118 + 9 + phone number. Note: Deprecated as of December 16, 2017. For more information, see the Caller ID FAQ.
- As of December 16, 2017, when making an off-campus call, caller ID can be blocked on a per-call basis by dialing 116 + 9 + phone number.
- Dial 9 + seven-digit number.
- Local calls are covered by a flat-rate charge per semester. See Fees page for information.
Domestic and International Long-Distance Calls
- Domestic long distance: dial 9 + 1 + area code + seven-digit number + PIN.
- International long distance: dial 9 + 011 + country code + phone number + PIN.
- See Fees page for information about domestic and international long distance rates.
Pre-Paid Calling Cards
- Dial 9 + 1 + vendor's 800 access number. Wait for the vendor's instructions.
Collect and Third-Number Billed
- Dial 9 + 0 + long-distance number. Wait for instructions.
- Note: Residence hall phones cannot receive collect calls.
- To find a campus number, dial 0 to reach the university operator.
- To find off-campus numbers, dial:
- 9 + 0 + area code + 5551212 (with a calling card).
- 9 + 1 + area code + 5551212 + PIN.
Toll-Free Calls: 800, 855, 866, 877, or 888 Number
- Dial 9 + 1 + 10-digit number.
Cornell IT Service Desk
Normal Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm (Eastern Time)
Emergency Service Disruptions: After Hours Support