Overview of Delegates and Sharing Permission Levels (Outlook 2016 for Windows)
This article applies to: Outlook for Windows
These things are easy:
- Sharing your calendar
- Sharing your mail folders
- Viewing a shared calendar
- Viewing shared mail folders
But higher levels of permission are more complicated:
- Delegate access, which lets someone act on your behalf to varying degrees, including responding to meeting requests
- Send as rights, which let you send and respond in the persona of another account.
If you believe you have a situation that goes beyond simple sharing, please contact the IT Service Desk, where we will walk you through the options to determine the correct settings for both the person granting access and the person receiving it. Use the phrase "Exchange permission choices" and we'll find the information you need.
In certain cases, delegated accounts can experience problems with performance and synchronization: items may be missing, deleted items may remain, overall performance may suffer.