Upload Media Files into Video On Demand
Get your videos and other media files into Video on Demand
This article applies to: Video on Demand
- Log in to Video on Demand.
- Click then .
- The Upload Media page appears. Click .
- Select the file you want to upload and click . Your upload will begin immediately.
When the media details fields appear, enter information for your media. Only Name is required. You do not need to wait for the upload to complete before filling out the details form. The media information can be changed or edited later from your My Media page.
- Name: The name that you wish to give to the media (a required field)
- Description: Your description of the media.
- Tags: Keywords which will be used to identify the media if you choose to make it searchable.
- Status: Choose if this media file will be Private, Unlisted, or Published. The default setting is Private. This setting is at the bottom of the window.
captionasrin the Tags field. You can also add and edit captions after your video has been uploaded. Captions can take 1-2 hours or more to generate depending on server load.
- Click when you have finished editing the media details fields. If the media is still uploading, you'll see a message that the information will be saved once the file is finished uploading. If the media has been uploaded, you'll see the message Your changes have been saved in a light green bar at the top of the window.
To upload another file, click near the bottom of the page.
To return to your My Media page, click near the button at the bottom of the media detail page. To open the media you just uploaded, click . Note that if your media is still converting, you will see either a "Media is being processed" or "This media is still being converted" message. Once the media has finished transcoding, this message will no longer be displayed.