In order to support collaboration with Cornell students and colleagues at other institutions, Google Workspace accounts - which include Google's email, calendar, and collaboration services - are available for faculty and staff. This service was previously called G Suite.
Activating a Google Workspace account is optional.
See Google's Workspace Learning Center for a quick overview of the features.
Google Workspace's features include:
- Gmail - email, built-in instant messaging including voice and video chat, mobile access, spam and virus protection
- Google Calendar - multiple calendars and room/resource scheduling NOT integrated with Cornell rooms and resources
- Google Docs - word processing, spreadsheets, forms, and presentations
- Google Drive - file storage and sharing
- Google Sites - website creation with videos, images, gadgets, and documents integration
Google Workspace features available to faculty and staff:
- Google Analytics - get a deeper understanding of your website users and how they interact with your site
- Google Custom Search - add a search box to your homepage to help people find what they need on your website
- Google Search Console - measure your site's search traffic and performance, fix issues, and improve your Google Search results
- Google Shared Drive - file storage for collaborators without file limitations of personal Drive sharing
No matter where your mail is delivered, you will continue to use your NetID@cornell.edu address.
Cornell IT Service Desk
Normal Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm (Eastern Time)
Emergency Service Disruptions: After Hours Support