Who Is Eligible for a NetID?
This article applies to: CUWebLogin, NetIDs, Policy
NetIDs are issued to members of the Cornell community and affiliates. A single individual can have only one NetID.
Members of the Cornell community are students, faculty, staff, and alumni. The faculty and staff category includes full-time and part-time faculty; visiting faculty; professors emeriti; full-time, part-time, and temporary staff; and retirees who are receiving Cornell benefits. The student category includes undergraduate students, graduate/professional students, part-time extramural students, summer session students, and distance learning students enrolled in credit-earning courses.
Alumni can find more information on the Cornell Alumni Services page.
Affiliates are employees of institutions affiliated with Cornell University. These institutions are:
- Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
- Campus Club at Cornell
- Center for Transformative Action
- Cornell Alumni Federation (publishes Cornell Magazine)
- Cornell Compact
- Cornell United Religious Work
- Cornell University Veterinary Specialists
- Military Sciences and their officers (including ROTC)
- Paleontological Research Institute
- Public Service Center
- Telluride Association
- U.S. Plant, Soil and Nutrition Lab
- Weill Cornell Medical College
Sponsored NetIDs are intended for use with contractors or other individuals who are not directly affiliated with Cornell but have a business purpose for needing access to Cornell services or systems. Request a Sponsored NetID.
Associates are graduates of the School of Hotel Administration's professional development programs. At the discretion of the Hotel School, NetIDs are issued to these graduates after the conclusion of the January and summer programs.