Send Email to a List of Addresses via Bulkmail
This article applies to: Bulkmail
This is the procedure for sending a message to a large group of email addresses (that you must provide).
Assemble the following pieces of information:
- message: must be plain text; no colors, bullet lists, font changes, etc.
- text to appear in subject line of message
- "from" address: we strongly recommend using an Exchange Group Account rather than a personal address.
- recipients: you will need to provide a file with a list of the email addresses. This list should be plain text with one address per line (but if your list is in a different format, tell us what you have and we'll tell you if we can use it as is)
- Send the information to email@example.com
- CIT creates the message and sends a test message to the person requesting the mailing.
- The requestor approves the mailing.
- CIT distributes the message over the course of several hours.