Fees and Billing
Fees and billing for the wired Cornell network in academic and administration buildings. Includes monthly charges, one-time charges, labor charges, and billing information.
This article applies to: Wired Network: Faculty and Staff
Monthly and One-Time Charges
Standard network ports deliver network connectivity to a single workstation, local switch, printer, server, or other network device. For the per port monthly fee, CIT supplies the network equipment and is responsible for service to the jack. CIT personnel, in conjunction with the local technical support provider, will troubleshoot network performance issues and other problems related to the campus network as part of the monthly fee.
There are additional one-time charges to activate, move, or disconnect a network connection, and for other network services. See the Voice and Data Rates Catalog for a list of current rates. The rates listed in the Voice & Data Rates Catalog are for University departments only.
The network port monthly charge does not include:
- Network interface (Ethernet) card for the local machine
- Physical installation of new jacks - the jack installation fee is separate from the monthly port fee
- Possible conduit work that may be needed for jack installation; this work is contracted through CIT to University Shops and Shops charges for this type of work will appear on your CIT communications bill
- Jack activation - there is a separate jack activation fee
- LAN configuration charge - subnet setup
- Any alterations to existing service, such as moves, changes and disconnects. See the Voice and Data Rates Catalog for a complete listing of prices.
Consulting is available by the hour for services not included in the monthly fee. Fees will be determined and time estimated before any charges are incurred. Consulting and analysis that extends to local desktop or server systems may need to be charged on a time and materials basis. See the Voice and Data Rates Catalog for a list of current labor rates. The rates listed in the Voice & Data Rates Catalog are for University departments only.
To Change the Account Number to Which a Network Connection is Billing
Send any billing changes via email to the CIT Billing Office. If you have a large number of changes, you may export or print the Subscriber/Service Summary & Totals Report and note the changes on the report. Email or send the modified report to the CIT Billing Office. For more information, see the CIT Billing Office page