Update SAS License File
This article applies to: Software Licensing
This article describes how to update your SAS License File to SAS 9.4 for Windows 10 and Windows 11
If you are not able to successfully update your license using the instructions below, please contact the IT Service Desk.
First, get the SAS 2022 license file archive.
If you were sent the license file directly via email, in the email message, find the attached file SAS2022-SingleUserLicenses.zip.
If you were not sent the license file directly, download the file from your Software Licensing order page:
- Log in to the Software Licensing Ordering System
- After login, click , then , and find your 2022 SAS order.
- Click the button for the order, then the link on that page.
- Find the SAS2022-SingleUserLicenses.zip file in your Downloads folder.
- Right-click the file and select SAS 2022 Single User Licenses. Remember the location of this folder. from the menu. This should create a folder called
Next, run the Renew SAS Software application as Administrator.
- From the Menu, select --> --> .
- Right-click Renew SAS Software.
- Select .
The utility should prompt you to browse to the location of your SAS license file. Locate your SAS 2022 Single User Licenses folder. Navigate inside that folder to the subfolder SAS 9.4, then to the license file:
- Click .
The utility will now ask you to specify product location of the SAS program on your computer. Unless you have chosen to install the program in a different location, SAS should be at the following location:
- When you have specified the location, click
If the renewal was successful, you should see the message, "The setinit was successfully applied."