Update a JMP License
This article applies to: Software Licensing
This page contains information to update a license for JMP Pro versions 14 through 17. Older versions are not supported by the vendor.
Please note that you cannot upgrade your version of JMP by applying a later version’s license file. To upgrade your version of JMP, first install the new version, then uninstall the older version.
Update Expired JMP License
- Download the current JMP license files from the CU Software licensing self-service site. For step-by-step instructions, please see How To Look Up Your Software License Codes. The codes will be in a zip file called JMP-License-2023-24.zip.
- Departmental Licensees Only: If you are part of a department that has a departmental JMP license, instead please check with your departmental JMP license coordinator to obtain your current JMP license file.
- Extract the license files: Windows: Right-click the .zip file and select Extract All. Macintosh: Double-click the .zip file. This will create a new folder called JMP-License-2023-24. Inside that folder are:
- JMP Pro 14
- JMP Pro 15
- JMP Pro 16
- JMP Pro 17
3. Start JMP. The application should prompt you for a new license file at launch.
4. Navigate to the appropriate license file for your operating system and version of JMP Pro, and select it.
Update JMP License Before Expiration
- Download the current JMP license files from the CU Software licensing self-service site. For step-by-step instructions, please see How To Look Up Your Software License Codes.
- The codes will be in a zip file. Double-click that zip file to open the archive and see the individual license files.
- Locate the individual JMP license file that matches the version of JMP that you are using and your computer's operating system, and notice where it's stored on your computer's hard drive.
- Start JMP.
From JMP's File menu, select New, then Script.
- Type the following command into the script window:
- From JMP's Edit menu, select Run Script.
- JMP will ask for the new license data file. Navigate to the license file and select it.