This article applies to: Software Licensing
SAS is an extremely powerful statistical analysis tool with a long history and large user base. We are currently offering SAS 9.4 (TS1M5) for Windows and Linux.
- Enterprise Guide
- Enterprise Miner
- Text Miner
Limited Additional Products
- AppDev Studio
Purchase a License
The current SAS license runs from May 15th through May 14th of the following year. New SAS licenses purchased throughout the year are valid through the end of the current license period, regardless of the date of purchase.
To order a SAS license for the current license period, visit
Staff/faculty licenses will be billed to a specified University account number. Student licenses are intended to cover installation onto personally-owned computers and will be billed to a student Bursar account.
The order form requires signing in with either a valid Cornell NetID or a Weill Cornell CWID. The license is available to currently-registered students and current employees of Cornell University and Weill Cornell Medical College, and also to current employees of Cornell-affiliated institutions located on the Ithaca campus.
For instructions to update your SAS License file, please see our online guide: How To Update SAS License File.
The current release of SAS 9.4 (release TS1M5) was sent to us as a SAS Software Depot. We have made a .ZIP archive of the depot itself, and we have also built DVD images in ISO format from the depot.
You will need approximately 100 GB of free hard drive space to install.
Please be sure that you have logged into Windows with a user account that has full Administrator rights before proceeding.
If you cannot get the download to work, please contact us to request installation media on DVD. Please allow up to 2 weeks for media to be prepared and sent to you. We may have other alternatives available to you depending on your equipment; please contact us if you have any questions.
SAS 9.4 (TS1M5) for Windows* Workstation, Windows* Server, and Linux Workstation
For installation instructions, please see our online guide, How to Install SAS.
Note: SAS 9.4 release TS1M5 is supported under selected versions of Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10. Please see the SAS System Requirements page for more information.
The SAS Software Depot is the full installer in a single ZIP archive. This is a very large download: Only attempt if your computer has a robust network connection. If you are downloading from an off-campus location, you should check with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to make sure that you can download a file of this size. After downloading, you will need to extract the files onto your hard drive, and then run "setup.exe" from the extracted folder.
- SAS 9.4 TS1M5 for Windows, Windows Server, and Linux (26.5 GB download)
The installer for Windows and Linux Desktop (only) is also available as a set of DVD image files, in ISO disk image format. Installing from disk images is a bit more time-consuming than installing from the depot, but this allows you to download the installer in smaller pieces. If you are using a commercial ISP to get your Internet service, you may have better luck with the disk image downloads. For instructions on how to use the ISO disk image format, please see How To Work With ISO Files.
- SAS 9.4 TS1M5 for Windows and Linux Desktop—Disk 1 of 9
- SAS 9.4 TS1M5 for Windows and Linux Desktop—Disk 2 of 9
- SAS 9.4 TS1M5 for Windows and Linux Desktop—Disk 3 of 9
- SAS 9.4 TS1M5 for Windows and Linux Desktop—Disk 4 of 9
- SAS 9.4 TS1M5 for Windows and Linux Desktop—Disk 5 of 9
- SAS 9.4 TS1M5 for Windows and Linux Desktop—Disk 6 of 9
- SAS 9.4 TS1M5 for Windows and Linux Desktop—Disk 7 of 9
- SAS 9.4 TS1M5 for Windows and Linux Desktop—Disk 8 of 9
- SAS 9.4 TS1M5 for Windows and Linux Desktop—Disk 9 of 9
For assistance with downloading or installing SAS, or for help with applying the license file, please contact us.
For all other technical support assistance, please contact the CISER Computing HelpDesk:
- Importing 32-bit Excel files into 64-bit SAS: This will not work by default. Please see SAS Technical Bulletin on importing 32-bit Excel files when running 64-bit SAS for instructions. You may need to download and install SAS PC Files Server to implement this fix.
System Requirements for SAS 9.4 (release TS1M5)
Microsoft Windows Workstation (Desktop)
- Windows 10 Pro, Education and Enterprise editions
- Windows 8.1 Pro and Enterprise editions
- Windows 8 Pro and Enterprise editions
- Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 Professional, Ultimate, & Enterprise editions
SAS 9.4 is not supported on Windows Home Editions, Windows 8 Core (a.k.a "Windows 8" with no edition), or Windows RT. The installer will abort if an attempt is made.
Specific modules may have varying system requirements. Please see the SAS System Requirements guide for specific information.
Microsoft Windows Server
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
Linux for x86-32 & -64 bit: RHEL 5 and 6, Novell SuSE 10 and 11.
Solaris 10 Update 9 or Solaris 11 and higher, 64-bit only. Please see the vendor's publication: SAS 9.4 System Requirements for Solaris x64 for more information.
SAS is not supported for Macintosh.
Older Versions of SAS
- SAS 9.3 is available upon request.
- SAS 9.2 is still supported by the vendor, and CU Software can continue to provide current license files to paid subscribers. SAS 9.2 is not supported on Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
- We recommend that SAS 9.2 users upgrade to a current version.
- SAS 9.2 is no longer available for download from CU Software. If you have a need for this version, please contact us, and we will acquire an installer from the vendor for you.
Earlier versions (no longer supported)
The SAS Institute no longer supports SAS versions that are earlier than version 9.2. We can no longer provide license files for these older versions. Customers still using one of these older versions should upgrade to a supported version and operating system.