Skip to main content

Cornell University

Telecommunications Coordinators: Common Questions

Answers to common questions asked by telecommunications coordinators

This article applies to: Telephone Services for Faculty and Staff

On This Page

I have to submit a Telephone Issue Request. Where can I get one?

Use the Telephone Services form to submit telephone problem information to the Request Fulfillment Team.

How long does it take to complete my phone/data request?

The standard turnaround time is 5 business days or less. This can vary if the request requires wiring and shops may be needed. Please see these details on how to submit phone/data requests.

I have questions regarding my telephone bill.

Contact the CIT Billing Office to discuss any billing questions.

I want to change the account number that this telephone-related service is being billed to.

One option would be to run the export format of the “Subscriber/Service Summary & Totals Report,” then save this file to your computer, and modify the file to indicate the new account number associations to existing services and/or charges. You can insert a new column or strike through the existing account number and specify new account numbers in bolded text. This file can be emailed to the CIT Billing Office. Alternatively, you can print the same report and mark the revisions on the printed text. Hardcopy (printed) updates can be sent through campus mail or faxed to the CIT Billing Office.

I would like to know the charges for a specific type of telephone-related service.

Refer to the Voice and Data Rates Catalog for this information.


To share feedback about this page or request support, log in with your NetID

At Cornell we value your privacy. To view
our university's privacy practices, including
information use and third parties, visit University Privacy.