Conversation View in Outlook on the Web
Conversation view clusters your messages together, based on Subject.
This article applies to: Outlook on the Web
Microsoft frequently updates the design of Outlook on the web, so your version may not match exactly the description given here.
By default, Outlook on the Web displays your messages with Conversion View turned on, which clusters your messages based on Subject.
Conversation view can help by giving you a compact record of an entire thread, but it can be confusing if you have more than one conversation with identical Subjects, or if you prefer to see your messages in strict chronological order.
If you delete a message while in Conversation view, you actually delete all messages in that thread.
To turn Conversation View on or off,
- In Outlook on the Web, on the red, Cornell-themed toolbar, click the icon, then click View all Outlook settings.
- In the left column, click Mail.
- In the center column, click Layout.
- In the right column, under Message organization, choose the setting you prefer. There is no "save;" the change takes effect immediately.
- Close the Settings panel to return to your mail.