- Initial troubleshooting to determine that warranty service is necessary.
- Verifying that the computer is eligible for warranty work.
- Backing up the computer before the warranty service and restoring data and reinstalling software, if necessary, after the repair is complete.
Location: 120 Maple Ave, Ithaca NY
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm
Determine if a Dell Computer Is Under Warranty
Dell's Support web site (www.dell.com/support) has an easy-to-use online form to check if a computer is under warranty. To determine if a computer is under warranty, enter the computer's Service Tag number in the form.
Only Dell computers with a ProSupport or Basic Hardware Service warranty with a minimum of at least "Next Business Day" on-site service-response level are eligible for repairs through this service. For details, visit Dell Warranty Hardware Repair Terms and Conditions.
Before submitting a repair request, please make sure you have completed Dell System Troubleshooting Guidelines.
Submit your Request for Warranty Service During Standard Business Hours
Technical support providers (TSP) in Cornell departments or units may request warranty service during standard business hours by contacting:
- Online Form (Available any time): Hardware Repair (Dell Warranty) Request
- Non-Repair Inquiries, use form or call: 607-255-7120
We require the following information to start a warranty repair request:
- TSP's name, NetID, and phone number
- End user's name and phone number
- Dell computer model
- Dell Service Tag number for the computer
- Warranty date
- Location of the computer, including the building and room number
- Description of the problem
- Type of repair requested
- Summary of troubleshooting steps already performed
- Whether the BiOS has been updated to the latest version
- Whether the latest driver relevant to the component in question has been installed
Once we receive the request, a CIT Hardware Repair Team Technician will contact the TSP to schedule the warranty repair.
Cornell IT Service Desk
Normal Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm (Eastern Time)
Emergency Service Disruptions: After Hours Support