"Failed to Backup" Emails from EZ-Backup
This article applies to: EZ-Backup
Under what circumstances will I get notified by email that my computer was not backed up?
- You must have requested that you wanted to get notified. There is an option for this on the EZ-Backup Subscription Form. The default (if you leave the option blank) is that you should be notified after three days have elapsed without a backup.
- If you are using the ADSM or TSM Scheduler, and the latest scheduled backup succeeded, and that latest backup is recent enough, then you will not get notified.
- If your latest scheduled backup failed or is not recent enough, then a further check is made of the backup information for each of your computer's disk volumes. If any of these disk volumes have not been backed up recently enough, then you will get notified via email that your computer was not backed up recently. The email will contain information about each of your disk volumes, listing the latest backup date.
What are the options for number of days to be notified of backups? What is the valid range of days that can be specified if a backup has not occurred within a specified number of days? For example are 1 day and 30 days both valid choices? Are "always" and "never" also options?
The options are:
- Always get notified, regardless of whether you were backed up or not.
- Never get notified.
- Get notified after N days have passed without a successful backup. The valid values for N are any positive integer.
How do I get notified more or less quickly about my system not getting backed up?
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the name of your EZ-Backup system (nodename) and also specify one of the following:
- The number of days that you want to elapse before you start getting notified that your computer has not been backed up
- That you always wish to get notified whether your computer is backed up or not.
- That you never want to get notified if your computer is not backed up.