Endpoint Management Tools helps IT staff automate the deployment and ongoing maintenance of software for desktops and laptops in compliance with university policy.
Units adopting this service can expect to increase the technician-to-workstation ratio over that achievable with local point solutions. It is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Endpoint Management Tools is bundled with access to a dashboard that provides visibility into the risk profile of Windows systems based on the state of third-party (non-Microsoft) software installed on them.
- Operating system deployment for the current CIT-supported versions of Windows and Mac OS X
- Application software and patch deployment for endpoints
- A mechanism for encrypting endpoints
- A mechanism for deploying anti-malware protection
To help units get started with Endpoint Management Tools, a support team works with the unit for 3-4 weeks. An individualized action plan is created for each unit, which entails assisting with tool configuration and knowledge transfer. At the end of that time, the unit can begin using the tools to manage their workstations.
About managed software tools
About the software update process
- Windows Third-Party and Operating Systems Update Process
- Mac Third-Party Applications and Operating Systems Update Process
Cornell IT Service Desk
Normal Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm (Eastern Time)
Emergency Service Disruptions: After Hours Support