Set Box Collaboration Permissions
Change Access levels in Box
This article applies to: Box
When you create a folder in Box, the default access level is Collaborators Only. (The default used to be Open.) You can set the access to any level by viewing the contents of the folder, then clicking in the Sharing section in the pane on the right. The choices are
- People with the link: anyone with the link can access the content.
- People in Your Company: anyone with a cornell.edu email address and all collaborators (regardless of their address) can access the content.
- People in this Folder: the folder is private, and only viewable by you and any collaborators you specify.
- Remove link: Only collaborators can access the content. Removes the direct link to the content.
Change the Access Level on an Existing Folder
- In Box, navigate to the folder.
- In the right column, look under Shared.
- A dialog box will open, select People in this Folder (or the level it is currently set to)
- Under Access Type, select the level of access you want.
Check List of Collaborators
- In Box, navigate to a folder.
In the right column, click on the Details Icon
Select Manage Permissions
You'll see a list of Collaborators. Review this list to see if anyone inappropriate or unexpected is listed.
- To remove a person, under the Permissions column, select their current access level then select Remove.
If the list is long, be sure to click the more collaborators link at the bottom of displayed names to open a Folder Collaborators dialog box that displays the whole list. To remove someone from the dialog box, click the access level next to their name, then select Remove.