Get Started with Box Drive
This article applies to: Box
If you already had Box Drive installed, you do not need to follow the install steps below. It will update automatically to include the new features.
Box Sync and Box Drive are two separate desktop applications that give you the ability to access Box content from your desktop environment. We recommend Box Drive, which has been upgraded to include the "Marked for Offline" feature.
- Managed Desktop users on Mac: Select Self-Service, Optional Software, then Box Drive.
- Managed Desktop user on Windows: Select Software Center, Applications, then Box Drive.
Installation is quite fast. A Log In screen will open when the app is installed.
- On the Box Login screen, select Use Single Sign On (SSO).
- Enter your NetID@cornell.edu address, then click Log In. You'll see the CUWebLogin screen.
- Log in with your NetID and associated password. You may also see Cornell's Two-Step Login prompt.
After a short delay (perhaps a minute), a new Box desktop shortcut will appear and a Welcome to Box window will open.
The vendor's online documentation for Box Drive is quite good. The right sidebar includes many useful links, including how to install Box Drive.