Request Large Meeting, Webinar, or Premium Audio for Zoom
A variety of free license upgrades are available when there is a business need for the feature.
This article applies to: Zoom
All faculty, staff, and students will initially be provisioned with licenses that allow them to conduct meetings with up to 300 participants. Video is available. Audio is limited to "join by computer" and calling a long-distance (toll) number.
The following license upgrades are available. Please submit your request form (link below) at least five days in advance.
- LargeMeeting500 - allows you to host a meeting with up to 500 participants.
- Premium Audio - provides domestic and international toll-free calling and callback (where the meeting will call the participant).
- Webinar100 - allows you to host a webinar with up to 100 participants. (If you were a frequent Event Center or Training Center user with the previous web conferencing software, WebEx, your Zoom account will be upgraded to this by default.)
- Webinar500 - allows you to host a webinar with up to 500 participants.
- Webinar1000 - allows you to host a webinar with up to 1000 participants.
The only option available to students is the LargeMeeting500 upgrade. Premium Audio and Webinar options are not available to students.
Webinar500 and Webinar1000 are granted for individual events, after which your account reverts to Webinar100. If you have a large webinar planned, Webinar100 can be added to your account in advance, so that you may schedule and practice your webinar.
Large Meeting500, Premium Audio, and Webinar100 will persist after the event. CIT will conduct an annual review of usage, and will work with users to deprovision options that are no longer needed.
When you click on Request a License Upgrade for Zoom, a Zoom Request form will open.
- For Type of request, select New.
- Select the upgrade(s) desired.
- For Webinar500 or Webinar1000 requests, provide the date and time of the event.
- Click Submit Request.