Manage Channel Membership
How to add or remove members from a channel in Video on Demand. Also, information about Channel Membership levels in Video on Demand.
This article applies to: Video on Demand
Channel Membership Levels
Channel members may have one of four access levels:
- Member: this access level allows the member to only view content.
- Contributor: this access level allows the member to view and add content to a channel. Content added to the channel may be subject to moderation, if the channel is configured to require moderation.
- Moderator: this access level allows the member to view and add content. The member can approve content additions to a channel that requires moderation.
- Manager: this access level provides administrator permissions and is the same level as the channel owner. Managers may add, update or delete content and members.
To Add a Member to a Channel
- Click the button.
- In the Add Member window enter the member's NetID in the user name field. Do not enter "@cornell.edu". Select the member's access permission for the channel. Click
- The member list will be displayed. From this list you can change permission levels, delete members, and transfer channel ownership to another member.
To Remove a Member from a Channel
on the channel's thumbnail displayed on the My Channels page. You may also open the channel then click the button and .
Find the member and click the "
- Click to confirm that you wish to remove the member from the channel.