Enhance Chat with Formatting, Files, and More
When you're having a conversation in Teams, rich formatting, files, and other features are at your fingertips.
This article applies to: Microsoft Teams
(From left, some features below may require additional connectors with Teams. See links for more information.)
- Format provides an expanded compose box with rich text formatting options and the ability to hit return for line breaks instead of posting the message. (Click Send or press shift-return to post.)
- Attach lets you post a file from a channel or team file section into chat, or upload one from your OneDrive.
- Emoji offers an animated selection of icons.
- Giphy is a searchable collection of animated GIFs.
- Stickers has sticker art with a variety of themes and styles.
- Meet now: Schedule a Teams meeting or start one immediately.
- Praise allows you to select a badge recognizing someone's achievement, leadership, creativity, or other trait and post it to the channel.
- Zoom lets you start or schedule a Zoom meeting.
- Forms can post a poll.
- Box allows you to link a file in Box or upload one.
If you want to make sure a team member sees your post, you can mention them to get their attention. Mentions start as their full name, but don't have to stay that way. After you've selected the name and it has appeared in the text box, press the delete key once to remove the last name and again if there is a middle initial or name and you want to remove it. You'll be left with just the first name that has all the functionality of a full-name mention.
If your full first name and middle initial currently show as your name in Office 365 email and when someone mentions you in Teams and you'd like something different, you can set your name preference in Workday and change it.