Office 365 ProPlus for Faculty and Staff
This article applies to: Software Licensing
All current Cornell faculty and staff can download and install the latest version of Microsoft Office for Cornell business use on Cornell-owned computers. The Office ProPlus license remains active until you leave the university. (Alumni and retirees are not eligible.) At that point, you'll be prompted to pay a license fee to Microsoft or stop using Microsoft Office.
For Cornell computers, please contact your local technical support provider. They will install Office using the most appropriate license option.
Students should use the procedure described on our Office 365 ProPlus for Students page.
- Microsoft Office 2019 for Windows, which is supported on Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- Microsoft Office 2019 for Mac, which is supported on the three most recent versions of macOS (that is, the newest release, plus the two versions previous to that).
(More information from Microsoft about Office 365 ProPlus.)
For information on how to install Microsoft Office applications on up to five laptop or desktop computers through Outlook on the web, visit the Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise page. If you have an earlier version of Office installed, you should uninstall it before following these steps.
Microsoft frequently rolls out small changes to Outlook on the web, so the exact wording or location of menu items described in the procedure below may have shifted.
Using a current version of any major browser, go to
Note: If you type/tap the URL manually, be sure to use http, not https.
- For user name, enter your NetID@cornell.edu address. The password is your NetID password.
At the right end of the Office 365 toolbar, click the icon of your photo or initials.
(When you hover over the icon, it will show your name.)
- From the menu that appears, click View account.
- On the My Account page, in the left navigation column, click Office apps.
- Under Office, click Install Office.