Service Hours and Maintenance Windows
Service hours and maintenance windows for Shared File Services (SFS)
This article applies to: Shared File Services
The Service operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with the exception of planned maintenance windows as stated in the Maintenance Windows section of this document.
When required, maintenance will be scheduled during one of these times:
- 6:00AM-12:00PM Sunday
- 6:00AM-9:00AM Saturday
- 6:00AM-8:00AM weekdays
- CIT will announce planned change activity via the University Change Management process (CCAB), and via the “firstname.lastname@example.org” list, as well as the IT Service Alerts: Scheduled Service Changes page.
- Upgrades to Service will be periodically applied in order to take advantage of improved versions of the software, and to remain current on security patches.
CIT will make every reasonable effort to
- apply updates at least once/year
- notify customers prior to applying updates
- set end of life (EOL) dates for old versions such that customers have a minimum of six months to complete their migration off of the EOL version of the service (exceptions may be made for extreme situations, like security issues)