Service Availability for Shared File Services
Service Availability for Shared File Services (SFS)
This article applies to: Shared File Services
Shared File Services (SFS) operates with an intended uptime of 99.9%.
CIT will respond to failures of the Service 24x7.
- An off-site copy of the data in SFS will be maintained for protection against a site failure.
- The off-site data copy will not be available to customers to restore files from. If the ability to restore older or deleted versions of files is desired, the optional snapshot option must be selected.
- Upon future deletion of the entire share by the share owner, the data will be preserved in the off-site copy for an additional 30 days.
- In the event of a disaster, an RPO of 2 days should be expected.
- The RTO for recovering the full service in the event of a site failure should be expected to be measured in days or weeks, depending on the scope of the failure.
Any unavailability or performance issue occurring as a result of planned maintenance. CIT will make all reasonable effort to restrict planned maintenance to Sunday 6am-Noon.
- Caveat: In the event of a “zero-day flaw” or other critical patch, 2-day remediation may be required.
- Any unavailability or performance issue occurring as a result of a failure of technology that is not part of but is depended upon by the Service. Example: Network outages, or power failures in the data center.
- Any unavailability, suspension or termination of the Service, or any other performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event of Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of the Service; (ii) that result from any actions or inactions of you or any third party; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology not within our direct control.