Dedicated Qualtrics Custom "From" and "Reply-To" Addresses
This article applies to: Qualtrics (Survey Tool)
When using the Qualtrics Mailer for large mailings, it is advisable to use as the "From Address" one of the following:
- The default "From Address" of firstname.lastname@example.org
- An address set up in advance by submitting a Qualtrics support request to CIT. These addresses will generally look like email@example.com and will need to be connected to an Exchange Group Account (EGA).*
* Some units at Cornell have email addresses ending in @departmentname.cornell.edu. If approval is granted by the unit, CIT can also set up addresses like these in Qualtrics.
When using the Qualtrics Mailer, it's advisable to use as the "Reply-To Address" one of the following:
- The default "Reply-To Address" of the address associated with the Cornell NetID account signed into Qualtrics.
- An approved "From Address" (See above)
To be able to send Qualtrics survey invitations from an address other than firstname.lastname@example.org, submit a Qualtrics support request to CIT to begin the process of setting one up, or see information about using a group email account or departmental email account.
Why This Change Is Occurring
Although it's possible to type any Cornell address into the "From" and "Reply-To" fields of the Qualtrics Mailer, email service providers are increasingly likely to treat emails that resemble these as suspicious. Using a dedicated address can improve the odds that a survey invitation will be delivered to recipients' email inbox, instead of being classified as spam or junk.