Choose Plain Text or Formatted Text (Outlook on the Web)
Outlook on the Web can be set to send messages in plain text or HTML. You can configure it to use either as the default; you can also change to the other format while composing a message.
This article applies to: Outlook on the Web
Microsoft frequently updates the design of Outlook on the web, so your version may not match exactly the description given here.
Configure Default Setting
- In Outlook on the Web, on the red, Cornell-themed toolbar, click the icon.
- At the bottom of the Settings panel that opens, click View all Outlook settings.
- In the left column, click Mail.
- In the second column, click Compose and reply.
- Under Message format, next to Compose messages in, select the desired format.
- Click near the top of the screen.
- Close the Settings window to return to your mail.
Select Format for an Individual Message
While composing a message, click the From and To fields, then select or .icon in the toolbar above the