Dell Warranty Hardware Repair Terms and Conditions
This article applies to: Dell Warranty Hardware Repair
Dell warranty hardware repair from CIT Support may be requested only by a department technical support provider (TSP). Faculty and staff should contact their department TSP for help with computer problems.
Products Eligible for Warranty Repair
This service covers Dell laptop and desktop computers that are:
- Owned by Cornell University (not for warranty repair on computers owned by faculty, staff, or students.)
- Under Dell limited hardware warranty period
- Purchased with ProSupport or Basic Hardware Service with a minimum of at least "Next Business Day" on-site service-response level
- Identified on the Supported Product List included in the Dell warranty purchased with the computer
TSP Responsibilities Include Data Backup
Cornell and Dell are not responsible for any loss of data or installed software. See TSP responsibilities (including backing up and restoring data).
Where Repairs are Completed
Hardware repair service will be performed by Cornell's Dell hardware repair vendor, NTT Data, at 120 Maple Ave. Service must be scheduled in advance. For customers outside the Ithaca area, NTT can request a Dell repair dispatch to a customer's home.
NTT Data expects that all those requiring service arrive as scheduled and be in compliance with relevant Cornell campus safety guidelines.
In addition, please follow these guidelines for scheduling onsite hardware repairs:
- All repairs must be scheduled with NTT and Cornell technicians. See Request Warranty Service During Standard Business Hours.
- Service is performed at 120 Maple. ParkMobile paid parking is also available.
NTT Scope of Services
- Office hours are 8am-5pm, Eastern Standard Time.
- TDX system used for all repair tickets, using the customized form.
- Tickets will be handled as they are received (FIFO).
- Cornell leadership can escalate tickets as required.
- NTT will comply with all Cornell COVID protocols.
Service Level Objective (SLO)
- NTT will acknowledge every ticket within 4 business hours of receipt.
NTT will respond in one of the following ways within 6 business hours:
- Email communication with signature, requesting more information or scheduling a repair.
- Raising a ticket with Dell.
- Ordering parts that are not in the parts locker.
- Status updates will be communicated regularly (within 16 business hours) unless the anticipated part arrival is weeks away.
- Parts locker repairs will occur the next business day but can be scheduled the same day based on availability of technicians.
- Repairs can be completed at the customer's location or equipment can be brought to 120 Maple Ave.
- NTT will attempt to maintain one person in the office at all time.