Copy and Paste in Non-Chrome Browsers (Apps on Demand)
If you are using Chrome, you do not need the information on this page.
This article applies to: Apps on Demand
If you are using Google's browser, Chrome, you can copy and paste normally between applications running on your device and running in Apps on Demand. You do not need the information on this page if you are using Chrome.
If you are using some other browser, there are extra steps involved in copying and pasting.
Copy from an Apps On Demand App to Paste into a Local App
- Highlight the text you want to copy to a local application.
- In the AppStream navigation bar, click the Clipboard icon, then select Copy to local device. A small dialog box will open, displaying your selection.
Type Ctrl+c on your keyboard. You'll see a checkmark icon as the dialog box fades and exits the screen.
It's wise to wait at least five seconds after pasting to be sure the transfer has completed.
- Go to the local application where you want to paste your selection.
- Paste your selection as you normally would.
Copy from a Local App to Paste into an Apps On Demand App
- Copy text from a local application as you normally would.
- Click on your Apps on Demand session.
- In the AppStream navigation bar, click the Clipboard icon, then select Paste to remote session. A small dialog box will open.
- Type Ctrl+v on your keyboard. You'll see your selection pasted into the dialog box, which will then fade and exit your screen.
- Back in your Apps on Demand application, paste your selection as you normally would.