Zoom Screen-Sharing Help Topics
How to share, Sharing sound, Sharing Powerpoint, etc.
This article applies to: Zoom
The following link will take you to the vendor's help documentation:
Advanced Share Options
You also have access to a few advanced sharing options.
- When hosting a meeting, click Share.
- In the window that opens click the Advanced tab (near the top of the screen).
- You'll see these choices:
- PowerPoint as a Virtual Background: Lets you display a PowerPoint slideshow on screen behind your own image.
- Portion of Screen: Allows you to share just a portion of your screen. When you start sharing, it will display a color rectangle that you can move around and re-size to share just the portion of the screen defined by that rectangle.
- Computer Audio: Lets the host share the audio from your computer without actually sharing your screen. As an example, say the Lab of Ornithology was doing a presentation via Zoom and wanted to play an audio clip of a bird song from their computer, but not share their screen.
- Video: Share a video file from your computer.
- Content from 2nd Camera: Lets the host share content from a second camera. Say a professor is giving a lecture where they have an overhead-style camera with transparencies that they want to share (while still lecturing, so they have their own “face” camera going too). Or it could feed off a camera connected to a microscope, so you can have both the shared camera and the speaker camera.