Room Connector Call-Out for Zoom (replacing Jabber)
This article applies to: Zoom
If you previously used Jabber (which is being discontinued at Cornell) for video conferencing, you should switch to using Zoom's Room Connector features.
Start Room Connector Call-Out
- Start a Zoom meeting.
- Select Invite on the Zoom toolbar.
- Select Invite a Room System.
- Select the Call Out tab.
- Enter the IP address or SIP URI of the H.323 or SIP device, or select a device from the H.323/SIP Rooms Directory.
- Select the type of call you would wish to make - H.323 or SIP.
- Press Call.
Setting the Call Speed for Call-Out to H.323 Devices
The default call-out speed is 1920kbps (maximum). To set the call speed when using the Zoom call-out feature, you can enter the speed in to the dial string as seen in the three examples below.
[IP address]##[E.164 address];speed=1472k
Sending DTMF Tones in Call-Out to H.323 Devices
To send DTMF tones when connecting to a Gatekeeper, MCU, or other H.323/SIP hardware that requires a party number, conference number, or e.164 address, you can enter these in the Call-out dial string.
[IP address];dtmf=[DTMF tones]
- DTMF tones have a 1 second interval.
- Entering a comma will pause 1 second in between DTMF tones.
Here's an example:
This will dial IP address,
Device IP address: 220.127.116.11
Conference Number: 15562
To add a call speed along with DTMF tones (using the example above and a desired call speed of 768 kbps):