Use Two-Step Login When You're Going to be Without Wi-Fi or Cellular Service
This article applies to: Two-Step Login
When you are going to be without Wi-Fi or cellular service, you can:
- Use Duo Mobile on your smartphone or tablet to generate a one-time passcode, or
- Use a hardware token to generate a passcode, or
Get passcodes sent to you in advance using an SMS text message.
Note: You will need a device enrolled that can receive text messages.
- Select Enter a Passcode on the Two-Step Login authentication prompt.
- Select Text Me New Passcodes.
- You will receive a text message with 10 SMS passcodes, each good for one login.
- You can copy down SMS passcodes and keep them in your wallet in case your phone is not available.
- Two-Step Login keeps track of which passcodes you have used. When logging in, it will show the first number of your next unused passcode.
For more information, read about Two-Step Login passcodes.