Install Autodesk Software
This article applies to: Software Licensing
Install via Autodesk Educational Licensing (Students, Instructors, and IT Providers)
The Autodesk Educational License is available to Cornell University students and instructors (including all faculty). Technical Support Providers who directly support students, instructors, or the educational mission of Cornell University are also eligible for Educational Licensing. This license can be used to install Autodesk products onto a personally-owned or a Cornell-owned computer. Autodesk educationally-licensed products are fully functional. Please note that Autodesk documents created or edited with the educationally-licensed version are watermarked, indicating that they are for educational use.
- Go to the Autodesk Free Educational Software page. (Link goes to Autodesk.)
- Click either the link (students) or the link (instructors) on that page, depending on your status at Cornell.
- Find the Autodesk application you wish to install, and click the appropriate link.
- You will need to sign in with a registered Cornell University email address to access the software.
If you have previously downloaded software from Autodesk, click the
If you have not previously downloaded software from Autodesk, click the button. You will need to register your Cornell University email address. (email@example.com)
At registration, Autodesk may ask for proof of affiliation with Cornell University. Please follow the on-screen instructions for the sorts of information they require. Confirmation by Autodesk may take up to a business day; Autodesk will let you know via email when your account is ready to use.
button and sign in with your registered Autodesk account and password.
- After you have signed in with you Autodesk account, you will be able to download an installer for the product you selected.
- Run the installer.
- Autodesk will send you a Product Key and Serial Number via email for the product you selected. You will be prompted to enter the information provided in that email.
- After verification of the Product Key and Serial Number, the installer will run for several minutes to two hours, depending on the product, your computer, and your Internet connection speed. The installer will provide you with an estimated time remaining.
- After the installer completes, launch the product. (Note: Some Autodesk products launch themselves automatically after installation, while others require you to double-click on the software icon on your computer's desktop.) It may take several minutes for the product to launch for the first time.
Your Autodesk product should now be installed and ready for use.
Install via Cornell Institutional Licensing (Non-Instructional Staff)
Autodesk is no longer providing educational licensing access to customers at educational institutions who do not meet their definition of “Educational Use.” Please see Autodesk's Subscription Types page to determine whether or not your use falls under educational licensing.
Cornell University is currently in negotiation with Autodesk to provide paid access for non-educational use. When an agreement has been reached, CIT will update this page with more information, including pricing. If you have an immediate need to use Autodesk software for non-educational use, please contact CIT to discuss options.