Clear Your Browser Cookies, Cache, and History
This article applies to: Security & Policy
If you use a browser on a public computer without the Deep Freeze software, you should clear the cookies, the cache, and the browser history before you leave the computer.
Clear Cookies, Cache, and History
- Click the Tools icon (gear)
Click Safety, then click Delete Browsing History.
- Deselect (uncheck) Preserve Favorites website data.
- Select all other data or file type options.
- Click Delete.
- Click Library , click History, then click Clear Recent History.
- In the Time range to clear dropdown, click Everything.
- In the Details window, click the arrow icon to expand the list, check all of the options, then click Clear Now.
- From the Safari menu, click History, then click Clear History.
- Click Clear History and Website Data.
- Select all history.
- Click Clear History.
- Click the More icon .
- Click More Tools, then click Clear browsing data.
- Click the Time Range dropdown, then select All Time.
- Verify the checkboxes for Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files are all selected.
- Click Clear data.
Select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy, search, and services.
Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
Choose a time range from the Time range drop-down menu.
Choose the types of data you want to clear. For example, you may want to remove browsing history and cookies but keep passwords and form fill data.
Select Clear now.
For more information see Microsoft's instructions for Edge.
The easiest way to clear everything in Opera is to:
- Press Ctrl+H to open your history page.
- Click Clear browsing data in the top-right corner.
- Select what you want to delete and the time range, like recent history or all time.
- Click Clear data.
If you don't want to clear everything, and only want to clear specific information see How to Clear Specific files in Opera.